Monday, September 26, 2011

Why I Started this Blog

Ok, now on to what this blog is all about.  As I said in my previous post, I recently got a fresh perspective on life, given to me from God Himself.  I had been suffering from extreme anxiety and depression for some time, and He eased it, pulled me up out of it, and showed me what I have to be thankful for.  He improved my relationship with my adopted daughter, and led me back to homeschooling my children.  And He gave me the confidence and courage I had been lacking for so long.

A big part of how God lifted me out of my depression was to lead me to direct sales.  I'd owned my own business in the past, then put it aside to concentrate on the adoption of my daughter.  After my husband and I adopted our daughter, things got really hard for me.  My whole life was turned upside-down, not unlike it had been with the birth of my son a few years earlier.  I had post adoption depression (yes, this is a real condition), just like I'd had post partum depression with my son.  As I was desperately trying to adjust to all the changes brought about after bringing our daughter home, I was also homeschooling my children.  I finally got to the point where I felt so empty inside, like I had lost myself and had nothing else to give anyone. 

I saw a therapist a few times, and then my doctor, who prescribed me a mild anti-depressant.  Both helped, but I still had times when I felt like I couldn't go on.  When I was in the depths of my despair, I prayed desperately for God to help me. Then things began to change.  Slowly my mood began to lift, and things didn't feel so hopeless for me.  Then one day something happened that would change my life dramatically.  God led me to a direct sales company, Miche Bag, through a friend of mine from church who was with the company.  I was so excited from the moment I saw the products, I offered to host a party.  Then before the party date even arrived, I was ready to sign up as a representative!  And sign up I did, and my life has not been the same since.  Can a job do this?  It did for me!

Suddenly I had something to look forward to every day.  I scheduled work time, and never wanted that time to end.  I jumped in without worrying where I would land.  Dreams I'd had for years now became realities to me, not because I'd reached them yet, but because I had a solid plan for reaching them.  And my faith was strengthened.  God had showed me His love; a love for me that is so strong that He saved me from my own misery, and led me straight down the path to what I needed most to be a productive person, and most importantly, an active servant to Him and His children.

My life will never be the same.  Now, rather than concentrating on the negative in my life, and wasting precious moments of life complaining,  I see blessings in the smallest of details every day.  I'm kinder to my husband and my children, and I see all the possibilities for our lives together.  And I am continually excited about the adventures we will have as a family.  I live my life in constant gratitude now, because I realize that every breath I take is a blessing that should not be taken for granted.

It is my mission now to share with others, particularly women, these blessings and to help them recognize the blessings in their own lives, and to realize they have so much power to change their lives if they wish to.  As women, we are so busy, and so often feel unappreciated, unrecognized and powerless in so many areas of our lives. Whether you work outside the home or are an "at-home" mom, you want what is best for your children and family, and you strive to make that happen in one way or another.  But we're not always in the position to reach our definition of  "the best," even though we may work what seems like endless hours to accomplish it.  There are many ways to get to your goals, and I will share my experiences so far in what I'm doing to reach my own goals, in hopes that it will touch those of you out there who are meant to receive it, and make change happen in your life.  The empowerment I've been gifted from God is one of the most amazing feelings I've ever had in my life, and I want you to feel it too.  I want you to not settle for being miserable, but to know that there are are ways to reach what you desire for you and your family.

God bless you as you follow me on this journey or join me on it!  I'm looking for women to join me on this adventure of a lifetime, an adventure that can make all your dreams come true! If you have any questions for me, please call me at 940-268-5680 or email me at endlessblessingsnow@gmail.com.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment