Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Early Bird


I'm an early bird, no question about it.  For just about as long as I can remember, I was ready to go to bed before anyone else in my family, often complaining to them that they were too loud and were keeping me awake.  We still laugh about that today. :)  But seriously, I simply function better when I go to bed early and get up early.  I enjoy having 2 or 3 hours to myself before my kids get up.  I have time to read the Scriptures and pray, and then work on my business.  There's an old saying that goes, "The early bird gets his worm," and I believe that is true.  Often in life, it is those who do get up early who reap benefits that so many others don't even give themselves a chance to.

I know that just as some of us are "early birds," others of us are "night owls."  I do believe this is a natural tendency.  But if you are a night owl, what if you got up and went to bed just 15 minutes earlier?  What could you accomplish with that time?  You could use it do those little miscellaneous tasks you just can seem to find time for, like addressing and stamping birthday cards, or paying bills.  Maybe you're behind on laundry or washing dishes.  Maybe you're so busy that you're finding it hard to focus on the Lord, reading his Word and praying.  Take that extra 15 minutes to do this, and I guarantee your life will change for the better.

For me, going to bed early and rising early is essential.  One, I function better physically.  I have more energy and in a MUCH better mood throughout the day.  When I don't get enough sleep, I feel physically drained, I get headaches, and feel hot and sticky all day.  I believe my body temperature actually rises when I'm sleep-deprived.  And my blood sugar drops, so I'm eating all day long, which doesn't help with my weight-loss/maintenance efforts.  In essence, I'm just plain miserable.  Two, the nature of working from home while homeschooling my children requires that I delegate sufficient time to both, or they will suffer.  Homeschooling lessons are the top priority and my work comes second.  But my job still requires that I devote time to it, if it is to be successful.  So I take full advantage of that time in the morning, when everything is silent and there are no distractions, to get a good chunk of my work done every day.

Imagine what your life would be like if you changed your habits a little to allow yourself time to do those things that need to be done.  You'll cut down your stress during the rest of the day, because you'll no longer have to worry when you'll get that task done.  Perhaps what you need is just some time to sit and relax, and if you did that your day would be better.  It can't hurt to try it. Give it a try, then come back here and comment to let me know how you spent your extra time, and how it has changed your life!  I'd love to hear from you!



When you’re ready to change your life, and realize your dreams can actually come true, give me a call at (940) 268-5680, or email me at endlessblessingsnow@gmail.com.  I’m dedicated to helping women find fulfillment through a fun and exciting at-home career, while also helping others.  I’d love to give you the information you need to make this decision of a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am the early bird...and hubby the night owl...this has been an on going conversation for 31 years of marriage. LOL

    I too had a business in the early days of home schooling, so I learned very quickly...and I still enjoy the time before everyone's feet hit the floor...I do better also.

    ReplyDelete